Volunteer Project in Honduras
In this project you will work in the orphanages around in La Ceiba. You will get the change to work with local orphans and share your love and time with these children. You will teach them basic conversational English and computer skills so that they can slowly develop the courage and confidence to face the challenging world where English is becoming more and more necessary.
The duties you can help with are:
- Teach basic English and computer skills
- Organize team games and play with children
- Help orphans with their homework and daily activities
- Drawing and colouring
- Kitchen and laundry help.
- Repairing and painting
- Helping with general maintenance like plumbing, bricklayer, carpeting, etc.
- Some office chores
- Basic level of Spanish
- Minimum age 18
- Creative and caring nature
- Commitment and dedication to the project
- Genuine love for children
- Social and outgoing personality
- High sense of responsibility
The minimum time we recommend is 4 weeks
To work at this project you need basic language skills of Spanish. However, speaking better Spanish will certainly enrich the volunteer experience. We advise to take Spanish lessons at the local Spanish school.